Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Happy Birthday To You!



Matthew Jayden Harris was born at 12:43 pm on Tuesday, April 7, 2009 via c-section. He was born 4-weeks early, but still managed to weigh 6 pounds, 1 ounce and was 18.5 inches long. He is the smallest of our 3 kids.

He has been struggling a little with his oxygen levels, and initially had problems with his blood sugar, but seems to be doing much better now. I was finally able to nurse him which totally made my day because it meant that I got to hold him! He will be spending the night in the nursery so that they can monitor him closely, but they will bring him to me to nurse. I made sure to tell them that if they felt that he couldn't leave the nursery, they needed to tell me and I would come there! C-section or not! I really want my baby time!

I fully intend to write his "birth story" but I am too tired to accomplish this activity right now.

Happy Birthday little guy!



~ Daddy Is Already Teaching Him To "Geek..." ~

3 comments:

  1. YAY!!!! I get to post first! Congratulations, that's SO exciting! Glad he's looking pretty good. I love that last picture. Good luck and happy birthday to Matthew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome sweet baby! So glad you're here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!!! I can't wait to hear the birth story and take his pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete